Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Discover the Sea

I have always loved the sea and learned to sail when I was a teen. With a sigh I now live in the desert, which I love, but hundreds of miles from the sea.

So I made this oversized tag inspired by two trinket charms I received from the Funkie Junkie when I placed an order with them.  I used a variety of Tim Holtz products, starting with distress oxide inks, over stamped with a couple sea shell stamps with clear embossing ink  covered in a light wash of picket fence paint. Then I used a variety of die cuts from gears to greens and the seashell. A mix of embossing crystals, blue and black glitter a la Mr. Tim created the sand topped with a few gold and blue beads from my stash and a wisp of cheesecloth. Finally topped with a triple layer of thinlets for the DISCOVER and glued on sailboat and anchor embellishments, along with a funky bow.



Plus, here's a few close up on the details. The sand, shell and greenery:




And the sailboat embellishment:


I entered this in the Frilly and Funkie challenge -- Embellishments, Trinkets and Trims





Time to sail away!

Mitch

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful with the sand and that incredibly realistic looking seashell. Your embellishments are the icing on the cake! Thank you so much for playing along in our Embellishments, Trinkets and Trims challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mitch what a fabulous seaside tag! I love how you've incorporated the charms with the stamping, altered die cut elements and of course the touch of bling with the glitter and beads. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete