Friday, June 14, 2019

Art Journal Page: Explore the World

When I saw the Simon Says Stamp challenge for Vacation, I immediately thought of the Tim Holtz "Adventure" dies. I wanted to do a mixed up collage with them, and after playing with them for a while decided I should also use the globe die from my stash.

This reminded me of a work acquaintance who once asked me: Do you vacation or travel? At first I was a bit insulted at the implication that one is better than the other (she made it clear that traveling was a much more intellectual and therefore higher pursuit than vacationing). At the time, I wasn't sure how to answer as I do some of both and I don't believe they are mutually exclusive. I've taken a few Disneyland/Disney World vacations that have broadened my perspective on things AND I've traveled to Alaska as part of a small ship expedition with National Geographic that was thoroughly entering as well as enlightening.

Either way -- vacationing or traveling -- exploring something new is fun! My art journal page is a nod to exploring new destinations.




I struggled with this one a bit, trying out a different style and it came out more busy than I had originally envisioned. Looking at it now, I'm thinking I should have opted for more white space and left off the stamps in the three corners. Your thoughts?

I'm entering this in the 

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Vacation.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely mix of blues here, Michelle! Looks like you had a lot of fun with the Adventure dies! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome make with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous journal spread Michelle :-) just perfect for the theme!! LOVE it :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    Please email us.
    simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete