Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Celebrate 2019 and New Possibilities

To celebrate the new year I created this oversize tag using Distress Inks, Tim Holtz stamps, stencils and die cut letters.


To get started, I cut a piece of mixed media card stock 5 x 9 1/2 leaving the bottom torn holes in place. Then I used the spritz and smoosh technique to color the panel with Squeezed Lemonade and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide.


Next up I added some circles using a stencil I had on hand with Carved Pumpkin.


To give a more celebratory mood, I added stars with texture paste through the stars stencil and sprinkled lightly with white glitter dust while still wet.


For the letters, first I stamped a leftover strip of paper with a script stamp, embossed with fine white embossing powder and inked up the strip with Candied Apple, lightly wiping across the script.


 I die cut the letters twice using Alphanumeric Cutout letters and doubled them up to give a bit of extra depth.


I stamped the sentiment in Candied Apple on white card stock and added it along with the script in black soot randomly to create extra texture. To finish it up, I added some washi tape in various places restamped the clock and smudged the edges all around with Black Soot before finally mounting on black card stock. In retrospect, I think the "2019" would have been better also mounted on white, but its a learning process!



Let me know what you think. Happy days to you all.

I'm submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- Party Time!

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=14747

No comments:

Post a Comment